On an Election Day in the midst of a devastating pandemic and a clash of competing visions of America, fear was the great uniter, and motivator.- Advertisement –
November 20, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 11 was reportedly recently spotted on Geekbench with a Snapdragon 875 SoC and has now been tipped to feature a 48-megapixel ultra-wide camera. The Geekbench listing comes with model number M2012K11C and hints at some of the specifications that can be expected from the rumoured phone. The details about the camera were shared by a known tipster on Chinese microblogging website Weibo, however, the post does not mention a name for the phone, and it could have been a different device from the company.The Geekbench listing from last week for a Xiaomi phone with model number M2012K11C, believed to be the Mi 11, hints at the presence of the yet to be announced Snapdragon 875 SoC. While the listing itself does not mention the name of the processor, a report by DealandTech mentions that the source code for the listing states the ‘Adreno 660′ GPU, which is rumoured to be present in the Snapdragon 875 SoC. The listing also shows 6GB of RAM and Android 11, along with a single core-score of 1,105 and a multi-core score of 3,512.- Advertisement – Coming to the post by known tipster Digital Chat Station on Weibo, it states that the first of two smartphones that will come with the Snapdragon 875 SoC will feature a 48-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera sensor with a 0.8μm pixel size. The tipster adds that there will be a big upgrade in image stabilisation as well. While the post does not reveal a name, the phone in question is believed to be the Mi 11 or the Mi 11 Pro.Xiaomi has not shared details about the Mi 11 series yet, but since the Mi 10 series was among the first to bring the Snapdragon 865 SoC to market, the same can be expected with the Mi 11 series and the Snapdragon 875 SoC. Qualcomm is expected to announce the Snapdragon 875 on December 1.Which is the best TV under Rs. 25,000? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
October 20, 2020
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
September 28, 2020
UK-based Independent Oil and Gas (IOG) has completed the first run on the Thames Pipeline intelligent pigging program with one more to come in the following weeks.IOG said on Tuesday that the intelligent pigging program (IPP) was being conducted in cooperation with Subsea 7 as a diving support vessel provider, Rosen as a pig supplier, operational management from ODE, and engineering support from EnerMech.The company added that three 12-meter sections of the Thames pipeline were cut 60 kilometers offshore on May 3, just beyond the point where the Southwark gas field will tie into the recommissioned 24-inch Thames export pipeline.“These were transported onshore and visual inspection showed them to be in extremely good condition, with very little evidence of corrosion or wall thickness degradation. This was a significant first step in verifying the integrity of this gas pipeline, which was decommissioned in 2015,” the company said.A temporary subsea pig receiver was then installed at this 60km tie-in point and a successful pipeline pressure test was undertaken from the Bacton gas terminal to this receiver.Next, a cleaning and roundness gauging pigging run was successfully conducted from Bacton to the offshore tie-in point, where an offshore pig launcher was then installed. This enabled the 60km intelligent pigging run from offshore to Bacton to be completed on May 26.Intelligent pigs are devices run through pipelines to assess pipeline wall thickness and to evaluate any evidence of corrosion. Offshore surveys Second run Over January to May 2018, the Fugro MV Galaxy vessel completed the various offshore surveys needed to support the development of the Blythe and Vulcan Satellites Hubs. The work program comprised geophysical surveys, shallow seismic of the four platform and five drill sites, general inspection surveys of the Thames pipeline, environmental surveys, and geotechnical surveys.Post survey work will entail data processing, analysis, interpretation and reporting, geotechnical laboratory testing and analysis of cores, environmental laboratory testing and analysis of samples and the integration of geophysical, geotechnical and environmental data and final reporting. All of this acquired data is required for field development plan approvals.Andrew Hockey, CEO of IOG, said: “The Intelligent Pigging Programme has so far provided extensive and valuable new information to the IOG team to support our plans to recommission the fully-owned Thames Pipeline and produce our Proven and Probable reserves of over 300 BCF safely into the Bacton gas terminal and the UK market.”He also added: “While this gives us even greater assurance on the pipeline’s fitness for purpose, we do still require the intelligent pigging data acquisition to be fully and properly completed. We are now fast-tracking plans to have this done as soon as possible, while our other project development workstreams continue in parallel to maintain our good momentum towards FDP approvals for this substantial UK gas project.“The successful completion of our four-month offshore survey program, which has provided a wealth of required data, is also a key step in that regard.” “While the steps mentioned above give IOG’s management very strong confidence in the pipeline’s condition, in order to recommission this pipeline the company nonetheless firmly requires a complete data set from an intelligent pigging inspection, so that all stakeholders including contractors and funders are fully satisfied as to its reuse. IOG is, therefore, planning a second intelligent pigging run to complete data acquisition at the earliest opportunity, which is expected to be within weeks,” IOG added.Following the intelligent pig run, the pipeline was successfully hydrotested with inhibited sea water for 24 hours to confirm integrity and has now been suspended in a safe condition.Hydrotesting involves elevating the water pressure in the pipeline for a sustained period and is another key step in pipeline validation. According to the company, the success of this test provides evidence that the pipeline is fit for purpose for IOG’s needs.IOG also said that the need for a second intelligent pig run would inevitably have some impact on the project schedule. The company advised the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) of this requirement and will request a short extension on the FDP approval target date, which is currently the end of August 2018.Subject to final pigging results, the pipeline will be ready for recommissioning to export IOG’s Southern North Sea gas portfolio, which contains 303 BCF of 2P gas reserves across five proven fields, plus further development and appraisal assets.
September 27, 2020
Daily Mail 30 June 2019Family First Comment: “In recent years there has been a series of shocking killings committed by cannabis users who had developed psychosis due to their use of the drug. They often become delusional and hear voices.”Sign our petition today CannabisInquiry.nzCannabis-induced psychosis has reached crisis levels, forcing the NHS to open the first clinic specifically treating addicts of the mind-altering drug, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.The clinic has been launched by a leading psychiatrist who warns that psychosis among users of skunk – a very strong strain of cannabis flooding the streets – has become ‘a crisis that we can simply no longer ignore’, with tens of thousands of people affected.In recent years there has been a series of shocking killings committed by cannabis users who had developed psychosis due to their use of the drug. They often become delusional and hear voices.The clinic launch comes amid mounting calls for the legalisation of cannabis for recreational use, with Tory MP Crispin Blunt among the pro-campaigners.Drug users who have experienced psychosis for the first time after using skunk will undergo a three-month programme, including specialist psychological help aimed at weaning them off the drug.Among the current patients is a former trainee teacher who is now too addled to even read a book.Dr Marta Di Forti, one of the principal doctors at the clinic, based at the South London and Maudsley NHS foundation trust, told The Mail on Sunday: ‘This is a crisis of high potency cannabis that we can simply no longer ignore.‘This clinic is now responding to that crisis.READ MORE: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7196735/NHS-forced-open-Britains-clinic-cannabis-psychosis.html
September 24, 2020
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch will be in Indianapolis today.It’s part of a nationwide Community Policing Tour to strengthen relations between law enforcement and citizens.Lynch will meet with police officers, prosecutors and community advocates at the Indianapolis Metro Police Department Training Academy and the east district police station.Lynch was chosen by President Barack Obama and confirmed last April to serve as the nation’s top prosecutor.Lynch visited Cincinnati in the first phase of the Community Policing Tour last summer.
September 24, 2020
North Decatur JV won in 2 sets. 25-22, 25-21.Jenna Geis had 2 blocks and 5 kills. Abby Hartman had 2 blocks and 5 kills. Anna Burkhart added 4 aces and 17 digs. Kalyn Muckerheide had 10 digs and 8 assists.North Decatur Varsity won in 4 sets. 25-14, 25-15, 26-28, 25-14.Kara Muckerheide had 22 digs, 4 kills and 23 assists. Erica Gauck 12 digs and 11 kills. Abby Morrow had 7 kills and 4 blocks. Olivia Bohman 10 kills. Maddy Day 14 kills and 6 aces.Courtesy of Chargers Coach Ashley Gauck.
September 20, 2020
“As far as what happened on Tuesday, the main thing is when I get home I can go home and I can go to sleep knowing that I’ve not done anything wrong, because I never meant to do that and it was not on purpose,” he told the Daily Telegraph. “And you can clearly see that on the video. But it is a suspension. I have to accept that, I have to take it. Obviously I feel sad because I’m not going to be able to help the team, to play. But I have accept it and respect it. “I’m not saying I’m an angel. I’m no angel. You can see that. But every time I play I will play the same way because that’s the way I am. That’s what I need to do in order to support my family. That’s my bread and butter. Also, that’s what I need to do for this club and for the fans of this club, for the supporters and for all the people involved in this club. “On the pitch I will always be like that. That’s my character and I will always compete and compete – always. I’m a different guy off the pitch, as you can see, but on the pitch I will not change. And I want to say this again: you can look at the video and interpret it however you want, but I know when I get home I can sleep in peace because I know I didn’t mean to do it.” Costa and Chelsea have no right to appeal, with the immediate ban meaning the forward missed Saturday evening’s 1-1 draw against Manchester City and will also sit out matches against Aston Villa and Everton. The former Atletico Madrid hitman believes the game has changed – not for the better – meaning less contact is allowed these days, but vowed not to change his style of play. “I’m always loyal, I always go 100 per cent, I always go on the limit but I think the people that think that I am a violent player, it’s because they interpret football a different way; they see it in a different way,” he said. “Back in the old days there used to be way more contact and a lot of things that were permitted. These days everyone is looking at it and I don’t think that is good for the game. “I have a go at defenders and they have a go at me. We argue. Whatever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. After the game I shake hands with the defender. Job done, I go home, he goes home. We’re all mates. It’s all good. That’s how I see football. That’s how I play football. I’m not going to change it – football is a contact sport.” The 26-year-old was suspended for three games for violent conduct by the FA after an independent regulatory commission on Friday ruled he deliberately stamped on the ankle of the Liverpool midfielder in Tuesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg. Costa says he accepts and respects the punishment, but stresses he did not set out to hurt his opponent. Press Association Chelsea striker Diego Costa insists there was no malicious intent behind the stamp on Emre Can which earned him a three-match ban from the Football Association.
September 19, 2020
WIMBLEDON champion Serena Williams has married Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian in a lavish ceremony just 11 weeks after giving birth.The couple met at a hotel in Rome – and while he had booked a room to attend a conference, she was staying there to play in the Italian Open.As he was not a tennis fan, it took Mr Ohanian a little while to realise exactly who he was having breakfast next to, but the pair hit it off quickly.He proposed 18 months later in the same hotel, at the same table where they had met.They now have a daughter called Alexis Jr, whose own Instagram has more than 105,000 followers.The Ohanians had around 200 people at their ceremony in New Orleans, including Beyonce, Eva Longoria, Caroline Wozniacki, and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.They married on 16 November, the birthday of Mr Ohanian’s late mother, as a tribute to her.Serena had three dresses for the occasion – the first being a £2.6m Alexander McQueen princess dress, with a beaded and feathered Versace dress for the reception.When she stepped onto the dancefloor it was in a short, fitted Versace dress – perfect for dancing to Tale As Old As Time, one of her favourite Disney songs from Beauty And The Beast.They wrote their own vows, and Mr Ohanian posted them on Instagram alongside a photo of their day. He said: “You are the greatest of all time, not just in sport–I’m talking about as a mother and as a wife.“I am so excited to write so many more chapters of our fairy tale together.”Guests sat down to dinner, where menus ranged from Italian to Armenian fare, to Be Our Guest, before they tucked into dessert.They took home trophies with their names written on the front as tokens of the day, as well Gatorade to help them “recover like a champ”.
September 17, 2020
There were reports that City could launch a £250m players-plus-cash bid to try and get an agreement over the line, but according to Mundo Deportivo, the Citizens have accepted that paying any money for Messi would blow their budget apart.When the Argentine’s wage demands are factored into the equation, City know that shelling out a hefty transfer fee would do more harm to their team than good – many high earners would likely have to be sold – so they are prepared to give up on signing Messi if he is not available for free.Guardiola returned to Manchester on Monday after a brief spell in Barcelona, during which it is understood he spoke to Messi over the phone, but the boss confessed that the financial difficulties of signing Messi will likely make this one too difficult to pull off.He told the Argentine that he would be better off rebuilding his relationship with Barça and ending his career at Camp Nou – something he has publicly stated plenty of times in the past.Having said that, City will continue to monitor the situation closely.Messi is expected to take Barcelona to court over his desire to terminate his contract, and if he ends up being successful, City are prepared to pounce.Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with a move for Messi, but it’s likely that they will take a similar stance to City.Paying the world’s highest earner is hard enough (even for PSG), but factoring in a sizeable transfer fee in the aftermath of a global pandemic is simply not feasible.Meanwhile, Messi may not have reported to Barcelona medicals and training sessions, there are indications that he is in Barcelona.UK’s The Sun quoting numerous sources, has reported that the maverick striker was spotted in Barcelona for the first time since dropping the bombshell that he wanted to leave the Nou Camp.He was captured leaving a restaurant with best pal Luis Suarez – whose future also remains up in the air.Footage released by El Chiringuito TV, reveals Messi departing in a black vehicle while Suarez then follows separately.Manchester City, United, Chelsea, PSG and Inter Milan have all been linked with the Argentine superstar.But Suarez’s agent Alejandro Balbi, admitted the 33-year-old Uruguayan’s next step could be dependant on the outcome of Messi’s transfer saga.Balbi told TyC Sports via Goal: “Messi’s future will have an influence because they are best friends.“There is a lot of brotherly love between them; they are inseparable, always together.”Messi’s anger at the Barca board started after new manager Ronald Koeman ordered the Suarez to leave in a one-minute phone call.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Manchester City have accepted they may only be able to sign Barcelona forward Lionel Messi on a free transfer, leading to manager Pep Guardiola urging Messi to stay at Camp Nou.City have emerged as the leading candidate to sign Messi, who has asked to leave Barça and believes he has triggered a clause in his contract which now makes him a free agent – something Barcelona dispute.La Liga took the side of Barça in this debate, insisting Messi’s contract is still valid and the only way he can force his way out of the club is if his £624m release clause is triggered, which obviously isn’t happening.