BAYERN MUNICH want Mauricio Pochettino as boss – but accept the sacked Tottenham chief hopes to hold off until January for talks.That’s according to the Telegraph, who say the German giants are content to let Hansi Flick stay as caretaker manager up to the new year.2 Maurcioo Pochettino was quickly replaced after his Spurs axing by Jose Mourinho and has already been linked with other top clubsCredit: AFP or licensorsPochettino, 47, is in no rush as he can also monitor the situation at Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United.The Telegraph say Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic hopes to speak to Pochettino but is willing to let the ex-Southampton boss wait a month or two.SunSport revealed yesterday how Barca stepped into the battle with Bayern for former Espanyol chief Poch as Ernesto Valverde is under pressure.But Bayern’s vacancy is clearer as they put flick merely in temporary charge when Niko Kovacs was axed earlier this month.ACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big oneJust two years ago Pochettino insisted he would be unable to manage Barcelona as he is an Espanyol fan, despite being a long-term friend of Nou Camp president Josep Maria Bartomeu.And it is that sense of honour that has also led Poch to suggest he could not manage Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal – even though pundits such as Martin Keown claiming he would be an ideal antidote to Unai Emery’s dour reign.Poch said in July 2017: “Before being a manager, being loyal is more important.2most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by Celtic”I am an Espanyol fan. It would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.”Pochettino took spurs to the Champions League final in May and top-four Premier League finishes in three of the last four seasons.But he was sacked on Tuesday night after just three wins in Tottenham’s first 12 Prem games, Jose Mourinho replacing him inside 24 hours.Jose Mourinho meets Son and Tottenham players in first training session at the club
May 31, 2020
BARCELONA have made a last ditch attempt to sign Christian Eriksen from Tottenham.Inter Milan remain “confident” they will land the wantaway Dane this month but the Catalans’ interest could throw a spanner in the works.2 Barcelona have made an enquiry about Christian EriksenCredit: AP:Associated PressThe Dane is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with non-English clubs this month to move in the summer.But the 27-year-old wants to leave in January.Inter are favourites for his signature after making an £11million bid.Tottenham have told the Italian giants to up their bid to £15m if they want the deal to go through.And Barca’s interest only strengthens the North Londoners’ position.SPURS NEWS LIVE: Follow all the latest news on Tottenham The Catalans’ have made an enquiry about the 27-year-old that could see him get a move to a Spanish giant after all, according to Sky Sports News.Real Madrid was the midfielder’s preferred destination but interest from Los Blancos was not forthcoming.So Eriksen met with Spurs chief Daniel Levy yesterday to reiterate his desire to move to the San Siro.The playmaker is out of contract at the end of the season and this is the last opportunity for Tottenham to receive a fee for his signature or face him leaving for nothing.And it appears Inter are in the middle of a bidding war after director Piero Ausilio confirmed they face serious competition for his signature. Italian giants AC Milan launch stunning £10m transfer bid for Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson MOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himHe said: “We just made an official bid to Tottenham to sign Christian Eriksen and now we’re waiting.”Many clubs are interested but we are confident – trying to get a top player like Eriksen.”Spurs boss Jose Mourinho recently called on fans to “respect” Eriksen even if he does leave.2
May 31, 2020
TOTTENHAM are reportedly set to offer starlet Japhet Tanganga a new contract following Troy Parrott’s new deal.Forward Parrot, who turned 18 on Tuesday, was on the bench for Spurs’ FA Cup win against Southampton on Wednesday as Tanganga started in defence.3 Troy Parrott has been offered a three-year contract extension at TottenhamCredit: Getty – Contributor3 Jose Mourinho wants to die down Japhet Tanganga’s Spurs futureCredit: Rex Features✍️ We are delighted to announce that @troyparrott9 has signed a new contract with the Club until 2023! #THFC ⚪️ #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 7, 2020 Spurs Parrot has agreed a new three-year deal at Tottenham with club bosses now pondering whether to loan out the striker or keep him with the first-team.The teen has made his debut in September as Spurs were beaten by Colchester on penalties in the Carabao Cup while he also came on as a sub against Burnley in the league three months later.Parrot has 18-months left on his contract and was attracting attention from Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich before committing his future at Spurs.Mourinho is also working to tie down defender Tanganga, by offering him a staggering 1500 per cent pay rise.MAKE YOUR DEBUT Bet £5 get £20 in free bets for new customers at LadbrokesThe 20-year-old, who earns £1,000-per-week, is in line to receive a bumper new deal worth £15,000-per-week, the Daily Mail report.The versatile ace was introduced into the first-team against league leaders Liverpool at the start of the new year.His ability to play at full-back and centre-half has seen him become a favourite of Mourinho recently, with Tanganga featuring in six of Spurs’ last seven games.Tanganga has represented England at Under-20 level, and is now set for an Under-21 call-up in March for the games against Andorra and Turkey.3SPURS NEWS LIVE: Follow all the latest news on TottenhamMost read in football THROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’ExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’NICE RONCristiano Ronaldo goes on family bike ride with partner Georgina Rodriguez & kidsMourinho heaped praise on the defender last month, as he told BBC Sport: “I trust him. I know the way he can read the game and learn.”He absorbs all the information. He is not that kind of modern kid who is worried with pathways, the pathways it to work hard and take the opportunity which he did.”Now people know how good he is.” How to say Steven Bergwijn’s name properly as Tottenham star reveals English and Dutch pronunciations before scoring on Spurs debut
May 26, 2020
Inglis left the field to undertake a head injury assessment during the Rabbitohs’ 18-14 loss at Penrith Stadium.He was booed as he made his way to the bench, with one fan allegedly calling him a ‘black dog’.The Panthers yesterday issued an apology to Inglis for the behaviour, and are now investigating the incident alongside the NRL Integrity Unit.An angry Meninga labelled the act ‘disgusting’ and said the person responsible should be banned for life.”I thought racial vilification was gone out of our game, it obviously hasn’t,” he said.”I reckon Greg will be hurting, and I applaud him for his actions and hopefully they find the perpetrator and kick him out for life.”It does make me angry because you know how much effort he [Inglis] puts in to the recognition of Aboriginal people and the work he does around the game.”NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg personally reached out to Inglis yesterday to reiterate that the game will not tolerate racism.”I wanted to make sure he realised that, that’s not the game, that’s not what rugby league stands for and he knows that,” Greenberg said.”He’s got faith in us to do what’s right and we will do that if we can find that person, and as I said, Penrith have spent a lot of time dealing with CCTV footage.”Greenberg would not confirm a potential life ban for the person involved but did say the NRL will “throw the book at them”.”It is one person, but it is one person too many,” he said.”The message is simple, we don’t tolerate that sort of behaviour and nor does the community.”We will do everything we can to make sure that person is not welcome inside the game.”Inglis has been at the centre of a number of race-related incidents in the past.In 2013 he was the victim of a racial attack on a social media website, while in 2010 former New South Wales winger Timana Tahu walked out of State of Origin camp after hearing then assistant coach Andrew Johns use a racist slur to describe Inglis.
May 26, 2020
The visitors scored six tries to two, including doubles to wingers George Bridge and Manasa Mataele, while five-eighth Mitch Hunt scored 13 points.The bonus-point win lifts the Crusaders to one point behind the Lions at the top of the overall standings through eight rounds.They narrowly lead the New Zealand conference from the Hurricanes and the Chiefs.A third-straight win was the Crusaders’ eighth in a row at an offshore venue.The only team to have won a final overseas, the Crusaders have built their eight titles on an ability to travel.They were at it again on Sunday after last week’s dogged win at the Lions.Victory was established by a clinical first-half performance in which they were forced to make twice as many tackles as the Jaguares yet led 19-0.Bridge had a double inside the first 14 minutes, while Mataele was over soon before the break when he capitalised on a slick line-out move involving hooker Codie Taylor.Mataele was the game’s standout attacking figure, beating seven defenders in total and setting up two tries with his elusive running.Tries to outside backs Joaquin Tuculet and Emiliano Boffelli gave some hope to the home crowd but Hunt, Ryan Crotty and Mataele all crossed to make it five wins from seven for the Crusaders.The Jaguares, coming off a bye after their memorable upset of the Lions, are still seeking their first win over Kiwi opponents.Five losses from seven mean they trail the South African conference as they prepare for a road trip which begins against the Rebels in Melbourne next week.
May 26, 2020
The All Whites were thrown out of the competition in Papua New Guinea’s capital after a protest made by semi-final opponents Vanuatu over the eligibility of South African-born Deklan Wynne was upheld at a disciplinary hearing on July 12.Vanuatu, who were handed a 3-0 walkover win despite succumbing to a 2-0 defeat in their last-four encounter, went on to play Fiji in the final later that same day, losing 4-3 on penalties at the Sir Hubert Murray Stadium.The OFC Disciplinary Committee ruled that Wynne was ineligible to compete due to him acquiring a new nationality under Article 7 of the Regulations Governing the Application of the FIFA Statutes.NZF President Deryck Shaw said the grounds for appeal include both the process undertaken by the OFC, and the rules applied in reaching its decision.He also stated that despite recent media reports, the FIFA Ethics Committee have confirmed they are not investigating NZF.Andy Martin, chief executive of the NZF, said the national body is continuing its detailed review of the internal processes and eligibility information for all players.This includes members of its men’s under 17 squad, which the New Zealand Herald reported last week is the subject of a complaint received by the OFC last week.It is claimed that New Zealand used ineligible players to win the Under 17 World Cup qualifying tournament in Samoa and American Samoa earlier this year. Success earned them the one available Oceanian berth for the 2015 World Cup, which is scheduled to take place in Chile from October 17 to November 8. “We are working at pace to complete a review of our internal processes and eligibility information on players,” said Martin.”We are taking a conservative view, and have obtained information from FIFA about the process to apply for exemptions for the small number of players that are potentially affected and we are working with the players concerned to gather the necessary information.”We intend to have this review and work programme complete in the next two weeks and our focus remains on giving our full support to our players, their families and our coaching and management teams during what has been a distressing time for them.”
May 14, 2020
Luis Suarez spoke on Movistar LaLiga’s microphones after the match against Espanyol. -Another game that they start losing, another match that they can match after coming back.-It would be a problem if we didn’t reverse it, but there are things to always improve. It is a match to evaluate before the Super Cup because there are things to improve.-With ten players was it harder?-With a player less is difficult, the opponent grows. But that is no excuse because we are the champions.-I said they lost two points …-Yes. Obviously being in Barcelona we have to have the obligation to win but we lost two points. You have to draw conclusions. We knew it was going to be a complicated game. Now there is the whole second round and must be improved. – Do you have the feeling that two points escape?-I think what we did was the most difficult. Turn the game around in a rival field and in a derby. We lose two points. 9
May 14, 2020
In Chamartín, Benzema’s step forward when Cristiano Ronaldo was transferred to Juventus has been highly valued. Where Bale failed to take the scoring flag left by the Portuguese, Lyon did take responsibility. Karim has refined his habits and his figure, drastically reducing his injuries. This season he has only suffered a lesion in the semimembranous muscle of his left leg, but it was due to a bruise. Before that injury, Benzema had played almost everything (he was the second in the team in minutes, with 1,948 ‘; now he is the sixth, with 2,132 ’) without any physical mishap. Last season he only missed three games due to two minor injuries (one of them was the famous pinky fracture) and far away are seasons like 2015-16, when he suffered six injuries …I slam the door to PSG and LyonWith this renewal, Madrid drives away any option of an exit from Benzema to another European major. The PSG, eager to find a nine to replace Cavani and improve Icardi, takes time on the prowl. The Olympique de Lyon is also attentive, the club that saw him born as a footballer. First said its sports director, Juninho Pernambucano (“I have exchanged messages with Karim and my wish is to propose that he retire with us”) and then Jean-Michel Aulas, the president of the French club, also subscribed to that dream: “Today is impossible, but the day after tomorrow …”. France, or at least its clubs, claims, but Benzema’s future is Madrid. There is already agreement between Karim Benzema and Real Madrid for the renewal of the striker’s contract, which ends in 2021, Radio Montecarlo reported Thursday. The French will extend their bond with the white club one more season, until 2022, when the player is 34 years old. Radio Montecarlo affirms that the agreement will be made official at the end of this campaign.AS already published on December 30 that Benzema and Madrid had initiated the first contacts for a renovation that has not had curves. The player wanted to continue hand in hand with a club he came to in 2009 and in which a decade later he acts as a leader on his own merits; He is one of Florentino’s fetish players (it was he who traveled expressly to Lyon to sign him) and has Zidane’s blessing.
May 14, 2020
Sergio Pellicer meets this thursday one month in front of the Malaga bench. The coach, to whom the club gave the status of interim and what’s next without being ratified officially in his post, celebrate this event with a favorable balance. In five days he has added eight points, more than half, and their figures improve those registered by Víctor Sánchez del Amo in the first 22 games, with which Malaga won only 35 percent of the points, 23 of 66.From calm speech and applying a very defined method and with the clear concepts, the technician from Castellón has achieved implant your style, a more vertical proposal, which tries to take the maximum match at transitions and exploit the speed of the band players.Pellicer fell into the locker room. So far the player support The new blue and white coach is total, in public and in private. In that technical-template relationship too a improved the situation currently in the Malaga, since when the dismissal of Victor occurred the differences of this one with the players were very important. The sports management support towards the figure of Pellicer too It is total. “I am very happy with him. He does not need anyone to ratify him. He knows the costumes are with him to death. And I am too,” he said. Manolo Gaspar last week.Several youth players have taken a step forwardSergio Pellicer knows perfectly the batch of players coming from below. That knowledge of the quarry It is one of its main endorsements as a technician of the first team. And the Castellón is not shaking his pulse at the time of give prominence to young blue and white values. The technician has recovered for the cause to Hicham, what has been done with one place in eleven and is very close to close its renovation with the club until 2020. If nothing goes wrong, your clause will go from three to ten million of euros. Anthein It remains a key piece in the blue and white attack. The canterano returned to lead Malaga on Sunday in his comeback before Numancia. Luis Muñoz, which already had prominence with Victor, has recovered its best version acting as a pivot and already has several consecutive games at a very good level. Pellicer has also given minutes to Juande and Ismael Casas. From his hand, the quarry is taking a step forward.